A slew of rubbish companies have been fined more than $113,000 for dodgy environmental practices in Sydney’s west.
Seven companies - Veolia, Proactive Management Systems, Enviro Recycling, Olathree, SBP Waste Management, H. Hassarati & Co and Aussie Skips - were fined $15,000 each for environmental pollution or waste storage and disposal breaches, the NSW EPA says.
Perfect Demo was also fined $8000 for unlawfully transporting and depositing waste and Visy Recycling $500 for on-the-spot littering.
RUBBISH COMPANIES ORDERED TO CLEAN UP THEIR ACT:
- Veolia - Failed to store and transfer household waste in "competent manner" in Auburn
- Proactive Management Systems - Waste stockpile reached 10 metres at Chester Hill premises despite a 3 metre limit
- Enviro Recycling - Tracked sediment from Revesby construction site to a nearby road, failed to control dust
- Olathree - Failed to remove illegally obtained grass stockpiles at Kemps Creek
- SBP Waste Management - Failed to remove more than 200 tonnes of waste - including metal, broken concrete, tiles, bricks, plastics - illegally stored at Badgery's Creek
- H. Hassarati & Co; Aussie Skip - Amount of waste processed and stored at Greenacre and Strathfield facilities, respectively, exceeded licence limits
- Perfect Demo - Unlawfully transported and deposited waste from a residential demolition in Beverley Hills
- Visy Recycling - Fined for litter blowing off its Smithfield premises