Curated by Hamish Lyon, Andrew Mackenzie and Donald Bates, the three day festival takes place in Melbourne 14-16 May and features over 20 speakers interrogating risk from all perspectives within the profession and beyond.
‘We are thrilled to confirm a powerhouse of speakers from near and far to explore the troubled nexus between the architectural necessity of risk-taking and a building environment predicated by risk minimisation.
‘These exciting speakers come from within and outside the profession, small practices and large practices, public sector and private sector, creating a diverse conversation to push our profession forward at a time when our role is challenged,’ the Creative Directors noted.
Risk will include a range of keynote speakers, extended panel discussions and short sessions in addition to an extensive collection of fringe events before, during and after the main program.
- Caroline Bos – UNStudio, Netherlands David Gianotten – OMA, Hong Kong Kasper Jensen – 3XN, Denmark
- Cheong Koon Hean – Housing and Development Board, Singapore Gregg Pasquarelli – ShoP Architects, USA
- Deborah Saunt – DSDHA, United Kingdom Mitchell Silver – City of New York, USA Jeremy Till – Jeremy Till, United Kingdom Thomas Bailey – Room11, Australia
- Camilla Block – Durbach Block Jaggers, Australia
- Anthony Burke – University of Technology Sydney, Australia John Choi – CHROFI, Australia
- John Daley– Grattan Institute, Australia Kristen Green – KGA Architecture, Australia
- Ben Hewett – NSW Government Architect’s Office, Australia Jeremy McLeod – Breathe Architecture, Australia
- Juliet Moore – Edwards Moore, Australia
- Paul Morgan – Paul Morgan Architects, Australia Finn Pederson – Iredale Pedersen Hook, Australia Hannah Tribe – Tribe Studio, Australia
- Suzannah Waldron – Searle x Waldron, Australia Charles Wright – Wright Architects, Australia
Registration and program available at wp.architecture.com.au/risk