Tasmania Gov to Extend First Home Builder Boost

By
Monday, May 25th, 2015
liked this article
Embed
Karabiner – 300 x 250 (expire August 31 2017)
advertisement
residential construction
FavoriteLoadingsave article

A $20,000 grant for Tasmanian first home builders will be extended for another six months

Treasurer Peter Gutwein made the commitment, saying those building their first homes would be eligible for the $20,000 First Home Builder Boost until the end of the year.

The boost will be reduced to $10,000 from 2016 instead of July as previously planned.

The changes will provide a smoother transition for both first home builders and the building sector, Mr Gutwein said.

“The boost is helping Tasmanians achieve their dream of owning their own home and it is supporting the construction sector as it recovers from the downturn and creates new jobs across the state,” he said.

Mr Gutwein said the boost had helped lift building approvals for new homes from 1985 in the year to March 2014 to 2633 in the year to March 2015.

Embed
FavoriteLoadingsave article

Comments

 characters available
*Please refer to our comment policy before submitting
Discussions